WE NEED TO LOOK FORWARD, NOT BACK.


Saturday, February 14, 2009

Condolences from Friends and Family

LDennis and Caryll Bateman wrote on Feb 16, 2009 9:12 PM:
" We are shocked to read of your sweet husband's passing and want to extend to you and your family our condolences. We have great memories of meeting you at the MTC prior to your departure to Nauvoo and then seeing you again in Nauvoo as we were heading home from our mission to Kirtland. You were outstanding, loving, and truly spiritual giants. May peace be with you in the days to come. "

Mary Fugal wrote on Feb 15, 2009 11:28 PM:

" Dear Lula and family, We were saddened to hear about the passing of your husband and father. We remember LaMont as a quiet man of strength, wisdom, generosity & kindness. He always wore a smile of encouragement. He was a tremendous example of dedication to family and to the gospel. He has left a wonderful legacy to be remembered by. Our prayers for comfort and peace to be with each of you in the coming days ahead. Love, Tony & Mary "

February 13, 2009, 9:47:25 AM
Joan and I just arrived in Salt Lake to enter the MTC and I read of the passing of Elder Henriksen. I am sad at his passing. I really enjoyed working with you guys in the Long Beach Mission. I hope we can be as good of missionaries as you were. - Jeffrey McDonald

February 13, 2009, 12:20:38 AM
Dear Aunt Lula and Family, We were so sad to learn of the passing of Uncle LaMont. You both have always been such a tremendous example to all of us of dedication to the Lord. Certainly Uncle LaMont will always be remembered for the way he consecrated his life to the church. What an amazing legacy! We love you and will certainly keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers. James and Cindy Hilton - James and Cindy Hilton

February 12, 2009, 7:26:05 AM
You are certainly in our thoughts and prayers. It sure is great knowing that life is eternal and I'm sure Uncle Mont will be very busy using his many talents serving on the other side. - Steve and Carla Christensen

February 13, 2009
I served with Elder and Sister Henriksen in Nauvoo/Carthage. I'm so sorry to hear of his departure. I have great memories and pictures of him and Lula. I feel lucky to have got to know him. Take care and you are in my prayers. - Kristi Crockett Snow

February 12, 2009
Elder and Sister Henriksen served with us in the California Long Beach Misison when we first arrived. President Evans described perfectly what a kind, wise, and gentle missionary Elder Henriksen was. I noticed how careful he was to never criticize or complain. He was Christlike in his dealings with the missionaries and with the public. He and Sister Henriksen are a perfect pair. Everything good and noble that could be said of him could be said of her as well. The Henriksen family will be in our prayers during the days and weeks ahead. - President and Sister Sexton (Long Beach, CA)

February 12, 2009
We rejoice in the life of LaMont, his goodness, life-long service to family and church, his scholarship and example of Christ-like living. We loved serving with him in the Long Beach Mission. He was patient with the missionaries and their errors of driving. He taught them how to better take care of their vehicles in a kind and gentle way and the missionaries loved him. He always bore his testimony to them and it was powerful. He taught us how to serve and how to live a Christ-like life. May we remember his example and work to become more like he is. - President and Sister Ron Evans

February 12, 2009
I was so sorry to hear about Uncle Mont! He was such a great man! You two did so many good things together! You always were so good to us, and so good to call Mom often. We love you all! - Gayle and Les Andrews (Mesquite, TX)

February 12, 2009
I'm so sorry. Elder Henriksen was a pleasure to know. I always kind of wanted to pick his brain at the vast amount of church and gospel knowledge he had. My thoughts to you, Sister Henriksen, and your family. It's always so hard on those who are left behind, but makes us so thankful for what we know. Love to you all, Roeann Harper (Mesa, AZ)

Memorial Art Monuments wrote on Feb 13, 2009 9:01 AM:
" We would like to extend our deep and heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. "

Devin Johnson wrote on Feb 12, 2009 9:27 PM:
" I love to see that so many people had the opportunity that I was fortunate enough to have, by meeting, associating with, and learning from Elder Henriksen (Grandpa). I know first hand as his Grandson that our family will miss dear Grandpa greatly!. I am thankful for all the people who have taken time out of their lives to post comments about Grandpa and the wonderful memories that we can now share from your comments.We love you Grandpa and will miss you greatly until we meet again.-Your Grandson - Devin Johnson "

Karyn Takke wrote on Feb 12, 2009 2:52 PM:
" Dear Lu, Bruce, Russell, Dana, Doug, Holly, Heidi, Lauriann and families: I have never known a man like LaMont. His quiet faith, strength, leadership and integrity have been such an example to me. I think often of him and of the things he has taught me. I think you will not know in this life the depth and breadth of his influence. I am sorry for the loss of his daily presence in your lives. Love, Karyn "

Gayle Pence wrote on Feb 12, 2009 1:53 PM:
" I am the daughter-in-law of Harvey and Mary Louise Pence from rural Eldora, Iowa. I have heard many stories about Elder Henrikson over the years. I know that the Pence family and many others will be truly indebted to Elder Henriksen for his faithful service as he helped pioneer the Marshalltown ward, in Marshalltown Iowa with Elder Eldean Holiday. We know that he was a mighty servant and appreciate knowing him and of his great life. "

Leon Darlie Hunsaker wrote on Feb 12, 2009 10:56 AM:
" Lula, We just read where your sweet husband passed away. We are so sorry. You both have been such lovely, faithful people. May your heart heal quickly. We are in St George for the winter. May our Father in Heaven bless you with HIS love and comfort at this time. "

MyrleneTippetts wrote on Feb 12, 2009 10:26 AM:
" Your dear husband has been an example to each of us. You are a great lady Lu. I truly send you my love and hope you know our hearts are with you. thank you for your great sons Dana and Bruce. They are such great men. They have given me so much joy and peace. I pray our Heavenly Father will bless you with all the blessings you need at this time Love you "

No comments:

Post a Comment